This simple chicken dish is pleasantly 157 calories only. But don’t misjudge this low calorie dish because it is pack with flavors of the orient.
- 120g/4 oz of chicken breast
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large pak choi, head
- 2 teaspoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 4 thin slices of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
1. Using a steamer pot, place 2 inches of water in the pot. Bring the water to a rolling boil.
2. Take chicken breast, and sliced it in half lengthwise.
3. Put the pak choi in a plate and sprinkle with some soy sauce. Add the ginger on top, then the mushroom and finally the chicken.
4. Put the ingredients as instructed into your steamer or if you don’t have one you can wrap the plate (with ingredients on it) in foil and put over the top of pan with boiling water.
5. Steam for 10 minutes until the chicken is tender and cooked through – the pak choi and mushrooms will be tender but still with a little bite.
6. Divide the chicken and vegetable into two portions and serve.