This dish in inspired by Chinese style of cooking where we stir-fry pork with ginger. This dish is fast and easy to cook and perfect for summer time. The sharp flavor of ginger is refreshing on hot days.
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- ½ large yellow onion (about 8 ounces), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pound shaved pork shoulder (available at Asian markets, or ask your butcher)
- 4 ounces iceberg lettuce leaves, torn into bite-size pieces
- Steaming rice, for serving
1. Combine together the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add the pork and mix together very well using your hands to evenly coat the meat.
2. Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the onions and cook stirring constantly until the onions become transparent. Add the pork stirring continuously for 4 minutes or until the meat is cooked.
3. Arrange the lettuce pieces on serving platter and serve the pork over it. Serve right away with steaming rice.