Dumplings are cooked balls of dough with different fillings. They may be cooked by boiling, steaming, simmering, frying, or baking. Dumpling wrappers can be found at Asian grocery stores. This recipe is only contains 275 calories but heavy enough for a meal.
- ½ cup/120g chopped cabbage
- ¼ cup/ 60g chopped scallions
- ¼ cup/60g green peas
- ½ cup/ 120g chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp chopped cashews
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh Thai basil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 3 dozen dumpling wrappers
1. Except for the dumpling wrappers, put all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well to blend. Let this sit for at least 15 minutes to marinate.
2. Create the dumplings: Put 2 teaspoons of the filling in the centre of the wrapper, wet the edges fold the dumpling to seal the edges. Repeat this procedure, until all the ingredients are consumed.
3. Fill a large pan with water and bring to boil. Add the dumplings then add the ½ cup of cold water. Cook until the water is boiling again and the dumplings are floating.
4. Remove the dumplings and put into a dry surface to cool down slightly. Serve with soy sauce or Asian dressing.